2 Tbl butter, divided
2 Tbl Queen Creek Olive Mill Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
1 shallot, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup Arborio rice
1 cup white wine (Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc are best)
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp salt (more or less, to taste)
4-6 cups low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
1. Soak rice in a bowl, in enough water to cover it, for 1-2 hours, drain.
2. Heat 4 cups chicken broth and keep warm in a pan.
3. In a separate large sauté pan, heat the Meyer Lemon Olive Oil and 1 Tbl of the butter on medium heat until hot. Don’t let in burn.
4. Add the shallot and sauté for about 3 minutes until the shallot is soft. Add garlic and sauté for one more minute.
5. Stir in rice and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in wine, salt, and pepper, and sauté until most of the liquid is absorbed.
7. Stir in a couple ladles full of broth and stir slowly until mostly absorbed.
8. Keep adding broth, a ladle or two at a time, stirring until absorbed. Check rice tenderness and seasonings by tasting a small bite when you are almost out of broth. If the rice is still too al dente, heat another cup or two of broth in the other pan and continue adding and stirring into rice until rice is tender and creamy. Adjust salt and pepper if desired.
9. Stir in capers, 1 Tbl butter, Parmesan, and lemon juice until combined.
10. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley on top.