SIMPLY RED SUGO
The simplest of tomato sauces! Our Simply Red Sugo consists of chopped red-ripened plum tomatoes, which are cooked in a little extra virgin olive oil and simmered until the raw flavor departs. The tomatoes are then seasoned with salt, fresh herbs, onion, and garlic. Use this naturally balanced red sauce ("Sugo") as it is, or as a base to create your own signature red sauce. If you’re looking for that all-day simmered flavor in a jar, you’ve found it.
Tomato puree (tomatoes, salt, naturally-derived citric acid), water, onions, extra virgin olive oil, basil, garlic, salt.
- Toss with your favorite pasta, add freshly grated parmesan and a few shreds of basil, and you’re set!
- Great as a base for a shakshuka with eggs, crumbled feta, freshly cracked black pepper, and olive oil
- Perfect used as a unique pizza sauce in a snap
- Use our Simply Red Sugo as a dip for hot-off-the-griddle grilled cheeses
- Toss our Simply Red Sugo with chopped grilled sausages and peppers for a delicious sandwich filling
Grilled meat, grilled seafood, grilled vegetables, chicken, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, eggs